Responsibilities & Services
Story County General Assistance in conjunction with Good Neighbor Emergency Assistance and The Salvation Army, is providing Story County residents, a Centralized Intake Process for emergency rent and utility assistance. Applications can be made at Story County General Assistance, one application, one location for assistance from multiple agencies. Service Coordination is also available to assist interested applicants in connecting to other resources, services and supports.
Through our office you can find assistance with:
Applications for Rent and Utility Assistance
The application process begins with the completion of an application form. Then, there will be an in-person meeting with one of our Service Coordinators and it will be determined how we can best assist with the current situation.
We take applications and meet with applicants on a walk-in basis Monday through Friday between 8:30am and before 4:00pm. On Tuesdays we can not take any applications after 3:00pm.
- Rent, Utility and Housing Assistance Resources
- Story County Food Pantries and Programs
- Español - Story County Despensas y programas de comida
- English Language Learner Programming- Winter/Spring 2023
Ways to Find Housing
- Can you help me find an apartment?
- Can you assist with gasoline or bus tickets?
- Do you pay deposits?
- How can I get rent or utility help?
- Do you assist with grocery vouchers?
- How do I get help to receive and/or pay for mental health and disability services (including intellectual/developmental disabilities and brain injuries)?
- How do I get a Case Manager?