As part of the Home Base Iowa initiative, Story County established the Welcome Home to Story County Relocation Assistance Program (PDF) which allows up to $3,000 in relocation assistance for eligible Veterans. Each Veteran is eligible for a one-time maximum grant of $3,000 to assist with relocation purposes. These funds are paid on a reimbursable basis, and documentation of all eligible expenses must be submitted when applying for funds.
- Moving expenses
- Utility deposits
- Rent for temporary housing while waiting for permanent housing^
- Purchase of appliances
- Down-payment assistance
- Rent deposits and rental assistance^
*Funds used for down-payment assistance for the purchase of a house are distributed directly from Story County to the lender at time of closing.
^Story County may assist with rental assistance up to S3.000 for eligible applicants. In all cases of rental assistance, funds are payable directly to the leasing agent/landlord.
- Be relocating to Story County and establish Story County as the primary residence;
- If purchasing a home, real estate being purchased must be located within Story County;
- Be discharged under honorable conditions;
- Be employed in a full-time position within Story County; and
- Apply to the Welcome Home to Story County Relocation Assistance Program.
Please contact the County Outreach and Special Projects Manager at (515) 382-7247 or via email for more information and to request application forms.