Home Base Iowa
Welcome to Story County!
Story County is proud to be a Home Base Iowa Community!
Thank you for your service, and we welcome you and your family members home to Story County, Iowa!
Story County Relocation Assistance Program
As part of the Home Base Iowa initiative, Story County established the Welcome Home to Story County Relocation Assistance Program (PDF) which allows up to $3,000 in relocation assistance. Each Veteran is eligible for a one-time maximum grant of $3,000 to assist with relocation purposes. These funds are paid on a reimbursable basis, and documentation of all eligible expenses must be submitted when applying for funds.
The following items are eligible uses of the fund.
*Funds used for down-payment assistance for the purchase of a house are distributed directly from Story County to the lender at time of closing.
^Story County may assist with rental assistance up to S3.000 for eligible applicants. In all cases of rental assistance, funds are payable directly to the leasing agent/landlord.
Eligible applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Be relocating to Story County and establish Story County as the primary residence;
- If purchasing a home, real estate being purchased must be located within Story County;
- Be discharged under honorable conditions;
- Be employed in a full-time position within Story County; and
- Apply to the Welcome Home to Story County Relocation Assistance Program within 24 months of moving to Story County.
Please contact the County Outreach and Special Projects Manager at 515-382-7247 or via email for more information and to request application forms.
Home Base Iowa Businesses
Are you interested in becoming a Home Base Iowa business?
Please contact Home Base Iowa online.