- Offices and Departments
- Facilities Management
- Story County & Energy Star
Story County & Energy Star
What is ENERGY STAR?
Energy Star is a joint program of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the U.S. Department of Energy helping us all save money and protect the environment through energy efficient products and practices.
Because a strategic approach to energy management can produce twice the savings - for the bottom line and the environment - as typical approaches, EPA's ENERGY STAR partnership offers a proven energy management strategy that helps in measuring current energy performance, setting goals, tracking savings, and rewarding improvements.
Retrieved from http://www.energystar.gov/index.cfm?c=about.ab_index on 2/27/10
More Than a Label
ENERGY STAR is more than a label awarded for energy efficiency. It is a partnership among government, business, and consumers, united in the pursuit of a common goal - to protect our environment for future generations.
The ENERGY STAR program has been a resounding success over the last decade. Americans have purchased more than 1 billion ENERGY STAR qualified products and thousands of buildings have been improved. More than 7,000 businesses and organizations have become partners, and more than 40% of the American public recognizes the ENERGY STAR.
When a building bears the ENERGY STAR label, it means that building is performing in the top 25% of energy efficiency within their industry nationwide.
First Story County-Owned Building to Earn ENERGY STAR
First ENERGY STAR award, 2004
Human Services Center, 30,120 Sq. ft., opened 1999
Story County - An Energy Efficiency Leader
- Among the first to join NACo ENERGY STAR Courthouse Campaign
- Began in 2004
- Facilitates county involvement in national ENERGY STAR program
- Over 115 counties across the country participating today
- Among the first to join ENERGY STAR Local Government Challenge through NACo
Energy Star Recognitions
- 2004 first ENERGY STAR label for Human Services Center
- 2005 - 2010 ENERGY STAR labels continue for Human Services Center
- 2006 first ENERGY STAR label for Administration Building
- 2007 - 2010 ENERGY STAR labels continue for Administration Building
Follow us on