Obtaining a replacement vehicle title
ACCEPTED FORMS OF PAYMENT IN OFFICE - CASH-CHECKS-DISCOVER-MC-VISA-DEBIT (A processing fee will apply to all cards.)
Applicants must complete a Application for Replacement of Certificate of Title to a Motor Vehicle (Form 411033).
- The application must be signed by all owners on the current title.
- If there is an open lien, the lienholder is the only one who may apply for the replacement title.
- The application must be sent to the original issuing county along with a check for $25.00.
- Once the application is received by the Treasurers office, a five day waiting period goes into effect. The title will be printed on day six.
- You may then pick up your replacement title at the county Treasurers office or we can mail it to the specified address on the application.
If an original title has been altered, and it is surrendered at the time of replacement title application, you will not be subject to a five day waiting period.
If you have any questions prior to applying for your replacement title, please contact the County Treasurers office at 515-382-7340.
Follow us on