Starting today, all Story County voters residing within the Collins-Maxwell CSD can vote at the Story County Auditor’s Office. Office hours are 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday. The Auditor’s Office is located on the second floor of the Story County Administration Building, 900 6th Street, Nevada. The last day to vote in person at the Auditor’s Office is Monday, December 1, until 5 pm.
Voters can request a mailed absentee ballot by filling out the “Official Iowa Absentee Ballot Request Form.” These forms, as well as a sample ballot and complete election information, are available on the Story County Website at www.storycountyiowa.gov, under the Auditor and Elections link.
Due to the Thanksgiving holiday, the last day to request a mailed absentee ballot is Wednesday, November 26th.
An absentee ballot received in the mail can be returned by the following methods:
1. Mail—an envelope is provided and postage is pre-paid. The postmark must be no later than Monday, December 1st.
2. In person—you may deliver your ballot to the County Auditor’s office. The deadline is 8:00 p.m. on Election Day, Tuesday, December 2nd.
3. By Designee—have someone else to mail or deliver the ballot for you. The instructions found in your Absentee Ballot packet will include a receipt which you may use for this purpose.
Polling place locations:
Two vote centers will be available. Any eligible voter within the Collins-Maxwell Community School District may vote at either one of the vote centers listed below:
• Vote Center 1 Collins Community Center, 291 Main St., Collins
• Vote Center 2 Maxwell Area Community Center, 84 Main St., Maxwell
The deadline to register to vote for the special election is 5:00 pm, Friday, November 21st. All forms must be received in the Auditor’s Office by the deadline. After that date, Election Day Registration procedures will apply.
For questions or other election information, contact the Story County Auditor’s Office at 515-382-7217 or by e-mail at email@example.com.