Public Transportation Service operating between Ames and University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics (UIHC) in Iowa City available to all Story County residents.
Each Tuesday and Wednesday, a bus will promptly leave the south side of Ames City Hall at 7:00 AM, arriving in Iowa City for appointments scheduled at the Dental Clinic by 9:00 AM and UIHC by 9:30 AM. Reservations Are Required
- $10.00 round trip fare per person (one attendant may ride free).
- Bus leaves UIHC in Iowa City to return to Ames no later than 3:00 PM. Boarding will occur between 2:45 - 3:00 PM. Please be prompt.
- Schedule your appointments at the Dental Clinic for 9:00 AM and at UIHC between 9:30 AM and 2:00 PM.
- Trips must be scheduled 24 hours in advance. Call Heartland at 515-233-2906.
This transit service is financed and coordinated through the following organizations:
- Iowa Department of Transportation
- United Way of Story County
- Story County
- City of Ames
- Story County Community Foundation
- Heartland Transportation Services
Follow us on