To request an absentee ballot, print out the Iowa Absentee Ballot Request Form, fill it out and mail it or hand-deliver it to the Auditor’s Office.
Story County Auditor’s Office 900 6th St. Nevada, IA 50201
Upon receiving the request and when absentee balloting begins, an absentee ballot and voting instructions will be mailed to you. If you do not having printer capability or access to the internet, you may call the Auditor’s Office to have a request form mailed to you. (515) 382-7210.
In lieu of the Iowa Absentee Ballot Request Form, you may submit a written request for an absentee ballot on a piece of paper no smaller than 3x5 inches.
The request must contain the following required information:
Absentee Ballot Request Form
- Date of Birth
- Iowa driver’s license/non-operator ID number OR 4-digit PIN from your voter confirmation card
- Address (this must be a street address, not a PO Box)
- Mailing Address for the Absentee Ballot (if different from Story County voting address)
- Political Party Affiliation (Primary Election only)
- Name OR Date of Election (e.g., City-School Election, November 2, 2021)
- Signature and Date
- For mailed ballots, completed forms must be returned to the Auditor’s Office by 5:00 p.m. no later than the pre-registration deadline for the election (15 days before all elections).